You may have heard about the benefits of elk velvet antler, also referred to as “EVA.” But what exactly is it? How is it produced? Who can it help, and is it humane? It can be difficult to sift factual information from a sea of online confusion, so we’re here to demystify EVA.
At Wapiti Labs, we firmly believe in the seemingly endless health benefits of elk velvet antler; for cats, dogs, and even people! Our natural supplements encourage healthy bodily function and can help you maximize your pet’s energy and endurance levels. We’re happy to break down the potential health benefits of this natural, nutrient-rich ingredient.
What is EVA?
Elk velvet antler refers to a male elk’s antlers while they are in the growth stage, during which they can grow almost one inch per day. During this stage, the antlers are covered in a soft velvet coating, hence the name. An elk’s antler is actually the fastest growing tissue in its body! Because the antlers grow back each year, EVA is a sustainable resource that can be harvested humanely, with little stress to the elk.
The history of EVA is long. The substance is a renewable health resource that has been used throughout the Eastern world as a dietary supplement and health treatment for over 2,000 years. It was originally popularized and used in traditional Chinese medicine. EVA has been around for so many years for good reason: it can be used to promote strength, stamina, and a healthy immune system in both animals and humans.
EVA has been shown to be rich in helpful compounds, such as glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid. Some useful components that can help boost energy levels and overall wellbeing in pets include:
- Glucosamine: aids in building and repairing bones, cartilage, and ligaments
- Hyaluronic acid: lubricates joints
- Insulin-like growth factors: aids muscle and tissue growth
- Epidermal growth factor: encourages cell growth
- Collagen: protects your skin
- Amino acids: helpful for repairing muscle
- Important minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium
- Iron, copper, zinc, and other elements: encourage healthy skin, growth, and proper healing of wounds
Where Can You Get EVA?
While most of the world’s EVA supply comes from New Zealand and China, Wapiti Labs sources the EVA for our supplements from our very own, 320-acre elk ranch in Minnesota. Our pollution-free land is home to a herd of healthy elk. The animals receive quality care and an excellent diet from our crew and veterinarians.
Once a year, antlers are removed from the healthy bulls in our herd through a safe, humane procedure that puts little stress on the elk. The procedure is supervised by our herd veterinarian, who ensures that the animals feel no pain and experience no side effects from the process. The antlers are carefully harvested during the elks’ velvet growth stage; the time at which the antlers contain the greatest amount of nutrients. Once they’ve been harvested, we use a proprietary extraction and manufacturing process to create the nutrient-dense powder, tablets, and liquid formula that function as the basis for our natural pet supplements.
What can EVA do?
A better question might be, “What can’t EVA do?” The substance is quickly absorbed into your pet’s body and provides a wide range of health benefits. Here are some of the core benefits of elk velvet antler when used properly:
- Supports joint flexibility and mobility
- Enhances the body’s ability to cope with physical, emotional, and chemical stress
- Supports liver and kidney function, as well as a healthy immune system
- Assists with normal red blood cell production and circulation
- Enhances energy levels
- Aids in normal muscle recovery
Help Your Pet Live a Healthy Life with an EVA Dietary Supplement
A sad fact of life is that dogs and cats don’t have as long of a lifespan as humans. We’re responsible for our pets’ health and happiness, from their young, exuberant adolescent years to their golden years and beyond. As your dog or cat ages, you may notice it slowing down and having less energy. This is a normal part of growing old, as are the health issues that frequently befall older animals.
As a pet owner, you can make your dog or cat’s life easier and more comfortable by supporting its natural bodily functions from an early age. A dietary supplement with EVA can give your pet the boost it needs to continue living an energetic, healthy, happy life. Here are some of the ways our supplements can put a little pep into your pet’s step:
- Mobility and Sr. Mobility: our mobility supplements help support joint flexibility and mobility in dogs, as well as a healthy immune system and kidney function. Our senior Mobility formula is perfect for an older dog that needs more energy.
- Vital and ReVitalize: keep your cat energetic and in good shape from the first stage of its life to the second by supporting normal kidney function and circulation.
- Strength: ensure that your dog or cat keeps going strong with an EVA supplement that invigorates the blood and supports your pet’s peak physical condition.
Boost Your Pet’s Energy Levels with EVA
The benefits of EVA pet supplements can provide your pet with the pick-me-up they need to maintain their endurance levels and energy. Wapiti Labs offers many different dietary supplements utilizing EVA and natural herbs. You can choose from supplements specially formulated for an active lifestyle that promote natural energy, increase endurance, support bone and muscle health, and aid joint structure. Contact us today to find out more about how EVA can help boost energy levels in your pet!
0 Comments for “Boosting Energy Levels with Elk Velvet Antler”