Energy and endurance are essential for everyone, from young to old. You need strength and stamina to get through your daily or work activities without getting fatigued or exhausted. But if you think energy drinks aren’t the healthiest of options (you’re right – they aren’t), or are tired of reaching for the coffee pot every 15 minutes, there are several all-natural ways to boost your energy and endurance.
Vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin, is a nutrient you can take to increase energy and endurance for people who are not getting enough of the essential vitamin. Vitamin B12 is one of eight B vitamins that help your body convert food into glucose, giving you proper energy, a healthier nervous system and spinal cord.
Depending on your age, you should monitor the amount of vitamin B12 you’re receiving in your diet. An average adult should have 2.4 micrograms daily. Here are some foods you can get vitamin B12 from for energy and endurance:
- Eat whole unprocessed foods such as legumes, beans, organic grass-fed lean meats, and raw or organic dairy products. It is also found naturally in foods that come from animals, including meat, fish, eggs, and dairy products. It also may be found in some fortified cereals and nutritional yeast.
- Take a B-complex vitamin for extra support.
Without magnesium, our bodies wouldn’t produce energy. Magnesium is the second most abundant element inside human cells and the fourth most abundant positively charged ion in the human body. Within the body’s cells, it serves literally hundreds of functions. It’s a healthy, natural alternative to caffeine and is one of the most crucial nutrients for good health. If you’re looking for foods to reach your daily 400mg magnesium intake, try some of these:
- High magnesium foods include dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruit, and dark chocolate.
- Try a magnesium supplement for extra support.
While no current studies suggest that taking vitamin C will directly increase your energy levels, the nutrient contributes to the overall well-being of various functions of your body that do affect your energy levels.
A randomized controlled trial published by Huang et al in the journal called “Cancer, Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention” in 2000 looked at the effects vitamin C had on oxidative DNA damage in 184 healthy participants. Oxidative damage to the cells decreases energy level. The study concluded that there was no different in oxidative damage between the participants taking vitamin C versus a placebo. The authors do however believe less oxidative damage is associated with at least three daily servings of fruit and vegetables. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that’s found in a number of healthy foods, like:
- High vitamin C foods include bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, peas, and papayas.
- You can also get vitamin C from the sun and supplements found in the grocery store.
- The current daily value of vitamin C for an adult is 60mg.
Rhodiola is a plant, in which the root is used as medicine. A unique herbal remedy, rhodiola grows and thrives in dry, sandy ground at high altitudes in Arctic areas of Europe and Asia. This herb is particularly helpful in boosting energy and mental fatigue, among other conditions. It improves the body’s response to stress and enhances nervous system health and boosts physical endurance. Taking a supplement of Rhodiola can perk you up and, as a so-called “adaptogen”, help you feel relaxed and make your body ready for anything that your life deals you.
Rhodiola extracts might help protect cells from damage, regulate heartbeat, and have the potential for improving learning and memory. However, none of these effects have been studied in humans.
Elk Velvet Antler
Known as a natural energy-boosting formula, elk velvet antler has been shown to decrease fatigue and promote endurance. Research and experience have proven the remarkable beneﬁts of daily supplementation, used by Eastern cultures faithfully for the past 2,000 years. Wapiti produces two separate supplements containing elk velvet antler for energy and endurance. Take a look at your options below and get back the energy you’ve been missing!
- Increases Energy & Endurance
- Improves Libido
- Reduces Stress to the Body
- Promotes Muscle Recovery
- Promotes Natural Energy
- Aids Joint Structure and Muscle Health
- Provides Immune Support and Antioxidant Protection
Thanks for advice.